Crane Mechanic (Leeds)
Ainscough Crane Hire are looking for an experienced Crane Mechanic to join their successful engineering team in Leeds.
Benefits for a Crane Mechanic
- 2 guaranteed rate increases in 2024
- Use of company van
- 24 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) plus an additional day at 2 years service and 5 years service and every 5 years after
- Group life assurance 2 x basic salary
- Pension 4% employer 5% employees
- Online access to payslips, book and personal info
- Access to the Ainscough Advantage (People Value) benefits platform
Ainscough Crane Hire are the UKs leading crane company.
Based across 30 locations, our dedicated team of experts are passionate about delivering projects on time, to budget and, most importantly, to the highest possible standard of safety. Our industry-recognised Make the Safe Choice ethos is at our core and underpins every single thing we do, from contract lifts and crane hire to specialist projects for customers.
Our reputation as a market leader is not just a result of our expansive fleet and comprehensive network of locations across the UK but is also derived from the workplace culture that allows our team to perform their duties with passion and pride.
To assist the Maintenance Supervisor and other Fitters with servicing, repairs and breakdown maintenance of cranes to meet agreed service levels and standards in a timely manner can be achieved and maintained.
- Assist workshop staff to ensure duties are being carried out efficiently and accurately.
- Assist workshop staff with preventative maintenance and servicing for all cranes.
- Properly maintain materials, tools and equipment.
- Assist in the securing and lockup of vehicles that are under workshop control.
- Assist in cleaning and keeping the mechanical workshops and surrounds tidy.
- Assists with programming the service schedule for all depot fleet.
- Assists with maintaining daily records of plant, labour and materials used.
- Assists with the planning and procurement of materials and consumables as required.
- Perform servicing and repairs on cranes within the workshop.
- Accurately maintain service records for each crane detailing all faults, repairs, service dates etc.
- Provide technical advice to ensure shortest possible downtime for vehicles.
- Maintain health and safety standards at all times.
- Schedule machine/ vehicle time with the operations department in order to carry out repairs and/or maintenance to equipment.
- Secure necessary materials and parts for the work in good time, ordering/ chasing from suppliers if necessary.
- Continually seek to improve the way in which the role operates within the business to achieve its objectives.
- Undertake other duties that management may reasonably request.
- Previous experience maintaining, diagnosing and repairing faults with plant machinery and HGV’s (crane experience necessary for Grade 1 and 2 Fitter roles)
- Ability to diagnose common errors/faults with mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic issues on mobile cranes, mobile tower cranes, crawler cranes as well as HGV’s and light commercial vehicles.
- Ability to carry out repairs on mechanic, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic faults on mobile cranes, mobile tower cranes, crawler cranes as well as HGV’s and light commercial vehicles.
- We expect all Ainscough Crane Hire employees to demonstrate our company Vision & Values: Make the safe choice, Teamwork, Reliability, Open to new ideas, Easy to deal with, Passionate.
- Ensure all vehicles leaving the depot after repair/maintenance are road legal and safe for use.