Mobile Crane Operator (Aberdeen)
Ainscough Crane Hire in Aberdeen are looking for a number of CPCS Blue Card Mobile Crane Operators to join their successful team.
Benefits for a Mobile Crane Operator
- 24 days annual leave plus an additional day at 2 years service and 5 years service and every 5 years after
- Group life assurance 2 x basic salary
- Pension 4% employer 5% employees
- Online access to payslips, book and view holidays and personal info
- Access to the Ainscough Advantage (People Value) benefits platform
- Glasses payment every 2 years
- Staff forums run 3 times a year – have your voice heard
- Flexible working (Ainscough Flex) change to 3 or 4 day working week
- Winter break (half basic pay)
- Voluntary Furlough for up to 24 days a year on 60% basic pay
Ainscough Crane Hire are the UKs leading crane company.
Based across 30 locations, our dedicated team of experts are passionate about delivering projects on time, to budget and, most importantly, to the highest possible standard of safety. Our industry-recognised Make the Safe Choice ethos is at our core and underpins every single thing we do, from contract lifts and crane hire to specialist projects for customers.
Our reputation as a market leader is not just a result of our expansive fleet and comprehensive network of locations across the UK, but is also derived from the workplace culture that allows our team to perform their duties with passion and pride.
Job Purpose/Objectives of a Mobile Crane Operator
To provide a high-quality lifting service to our customers ensuring priority is given to the safety of employees, customers and the public
Key Accountabilities/Responsibilities of a Mobile Crane Operator
- Work to manufacturer’s instructions at all times.
- Adhere to road traffic regulations.
- Ensure PPE is worn at all appropriate times
- Conversant with the correct use of outriggers and aware they should be used on level ground.
- Set and check the functioning of the rated capacity limiter and rated capacity indicator.
- Perform the correct use of manual handling i.e. Outrigger Pans.
- Liaise with Site Manager/Project Manager upon arrival on site.
- Be able to resist pressures from other persons to carry out unsafe operations.
- Able to assimilate and apply information contained in reports and duty charts relating to the range of duties and safe use of the crane.
- Be aware of the effects of wind and other climatic effects on the crane and load.
- Able to take the action to avoid dangerous situations, including stopping operations.
- Operate fire suppressant equipment, if fitted.
- Access and depart the crane by safe use of ladders and grab rails.
- Carry out training on specific models of crane, become familiar with rigging and maintenance procedures and conversant with all crane documentation.
- Continually seek to improve the way in which the role operates within the business to achieve its objectives.
Education/Knowledge/Experience for a Mobile Crane Operator
- Full Drivers Licence
- HGV Class C Licence
- In date Blue CPCS card with Mobile Crane Operator authorisation
- Previous experience operating mobile cranes
- Knowledge of the effects of wind and other climatic conditions on the crane and load
- Strong knowledge of road traffic regulations
- Display safe working practices
- Provide a friendly and helpful service to ACH customers